- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
- Cancellation Policy / Additional Information
Have you heard that Jamaica has the most churches per Sq. mile? It is indeed our pleasure to take you on a short tour to visit 2 of our historical Churches. We have photo shots of 4 worship sites above, however we will select 2 for this tour based on availability at the time of the tour. Our Tour guide will meet you at your place of abode in Kingston and travel by bus or car to tour 2 of the following sites:
- The Holy Trinity Cathedral- is an architectural and aesthetic marvel. Not only for its 85 foot high copper dome-one of the only structures of its kind in the Caribbean, nor for its magnificent organ of which only five of its kind exist in the Caribbean-but for the intricate and ornate murals and decorative artwork on the inner walls, dating back to the original structure which was built in 1911. The edifice was declared a National Heritage Site by the Jamaican Government in the year 2000.
- The Coke Chapel- is a national monument. It is a proud testimony to the resilience of the people of Jamaica and the work carried out amongst them since the establishment of the Society of Methodists on the island in 1789. Methodists have occupied the current site of Coke Chapel since1790 when a large merchant’s house was purchased for £1,200 and refurbished for worship.
- The United Congregation of Israelites, Jamaica, was formed by the uniting of the Sephardi (Spanish and Portuguese) and the Ashkenazi (English and German) congregations in 1921.Our synagogue Sha’are Shalom was rededicated in 1912, having been rebuilt on its present site due to the damage by the earthquake of 1907.
- The East Queen Street Baptist Church- is one of several historic churches in Kingston. Dedicated on January 22, 1822, the church had the largest Baptist membership in the world (2937 members) at the time of its dedication.
After these tours we stop for a few minutes for a drink before going down to the Victoria Craft Market to facilitate persons wishing to purchase gifts and souvenirs. It is then time to return to our place of abode.
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund. For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time. If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded. Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted. Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- Confirmation will be received after 5 adults have booked, & you will be given pickup time.(7.30am- 8.30 am, depending on location of guests-travelling time)
- It is recommended that you wear comfortable walking shoes and sunscreen
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level.
As applicable at time of tour. Currently masks must be worn in public, social distancing is encouraged & hand sanitizing will be done.